View Single Post
  #28   ^
Old Tue, Feb-14-06, 16:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/137/130 Female 66.8 inches
BF:
Progress: 88%

Firstly, Kirsty if you have a copy of an Atkins book, he does say that you shouldn't eat more than 6 -7 ounces (170 to 200g)of protein at one sitting, or 3- 4 ounces (90 - 120g) of cheese in one day. He says you can eat liberally of good fats and as long as you are tracking your carb intake you should be eating all the right stuff. Apparently excess protein can be converted to glucose by the liver, which will be stored as fat.

Have you tried Fitday.com? It's free and really useful for keeping track of what you are eating and will provide you with reports like what your ratio of carbs, fats and protein should look like. I try to keep my carbs at about 8%, Protein at 22% and Fat at 70%. But you don't have to be exactly rigid on those figures!! It also depends on what level of carbs you are on. I am still on 20 carbs a day as I stall when I add more. If you are on a higher level you should have less fat.

Quote:
What is the situation regarding Canderal Chocolate? Every so often I have about 4 squares when I am craving something sweet

Over Xmas I had some Canderel Chocolate and didn't gain at all, but last week I had some on my birthday (had to treat myself with something!!) and my rate of weight los has slowed down, so won't be having any for a while. Just be careful to read the back of the wrappers as different flavours have different carb counts. Also I believe that sugar alcohols can cause diarrohea (sp??), but it hasn't affected me.

Have you tried having some strawberries, blueberries or raspberries with cream when you really feel like something sweet? The blueberries are a bit higher in carbs but you could make a delicious icecream with the strawberries (I have the recipe if you would like it!)

Safferbabe - great to hear from you! Congratulations!! I have answered your question in your journal - hope to see you in mine too.

Take care allxx
Karen