Old Wed, Dec-07-22, 13:08

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

The Sustainable Diet Scam

by Colin Champ, MD

Quote:
Being in the middle on the recent nutrition push (and by this I mean certain groups using our health and nutrition dialogue to push an agenda) has really brought the above to a head. I serve on several boards for nutrition companies and frequent with some individuals who are all the way up the chain in our country’s government dietary recommendations. I found this a good opportunity to discuss the following mockery of a scientific article recently published in JAMA Oncology . . . to sum it up in a sentence, it was basically a strange opinion piece masquerading as a review article where they cherry pick studies to try to explain why a “plant-based” diet is superior to a low carb or ketogenic diet.

Here's the link to the full article:
https://colinchamp.com/the-sustaina...-the-bull-rush/

I subscribe to Dr. Champ's newsletters and we've conversed by email occasionally. He takes a very practical approach to life and health, and I enjoy his musings, observations, and recommended reading. This particular article struck a nerve, so I've added it to this thread due to its complementary nature related to "diet" issues, wars, and scams. Enjoy.