View Single Post
  #24   ^
Old Tue, Jun-04-02, 21:49

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 287.4/255/155 Female 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: 24%

Hah! You think I can distill 1 hr + into a few paragraphs? All exercises with the heaviest weight I can manage and still perform with good technique.

Abs: hard to describe these ones, I haven't had time to check Exrx or anything else to see if they have a name. I've got 2 lower ab exercises 3 sets 10 reps each. No, none, zero, of regular ab crunches. These lower ab exercises are HARD.

My standard DB Wall Squats with a ball have been tweaked to make the glutes & hamstrings work harder - I'll add that into tomorrow's LBWO. The rest of the time was spent on UB.

Chest: 12 reps Flat bench press with a rotation of the weights to target a particular area - this should help keep the girls from sagging ; 30 sec rest then 12 reps of DB Flyes;

Shoulders: 12 reps of Arnold press; 30 sec rest; 12 reps reverse lateral raise; 30 sec rest; 12 reps lateral raise; 30 sec rest; 12 reps anterior raise; OY!! 4 different shoulder exercises. I'll have some deltoids after 6 weeks of this

Back: 12 reps wide lat pulldown; rest; 12 reps close grip pulldown with shoulder blades squeezed on both exercises; this islolates the lats more effectively. I could feel it;

Lower back & glutes: 12 reps single leg extensions on ball (raising leg as high as possible); 12 reps alternate arm/leg 'supermans' on ball; rest; 12 reps back extension on ball

Back: Rhomboids: 12 reps ea side 1 arm seated row on cable machine; 12 reps 2-arm seated row; both exercises with shoulder blades squeezed;

Triceps: on cable machine: 12 reps tricep push down; rest; 12 reps triceps extension. Oooh baby, I felt this one.

Biceps: 12 reps ea side of half curl, pause, then a full curl. Always rotating the DB as it comes up.

The plan is to have 6 weeks of this kind of superset, then back to the BFL pyramid training. R says I'll see a real improvement on what I'm lifting once this is done. I'll get the basic LB exercises next week & the following week I'll get my 3 day splits. The ball exercises will certainly be addressing core body strength issues.

Wadda ya think? Is it enough? Maybe you should make an appt? In your spare time of course