Old Fri, Jan-27-23, 08:16

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
It's hugely fascinating, no worries

The New Zealand documentaries with Simon Gault (on Youtube,) on how their Indigenous peoples suffer more on the SAD, supports your comment. Our Southwestern Native Americans likewise found relief going back to their traditional diet.

Human powered methods, like Winston Price outlines in his work, seems to be the best way to treat plant sources. Sprouting and fermenting neutralize lectins, and I suspect that our industrialized foods probably skimp on that.

In addition to my issues with artificial anything, I have a similar low threshold with lectins and fiber. And we still don't really know what it means for a million year machine to run on the wrong fuel.

At this point, all we know is that it has been nothing but BAD so far.

Good point about fermentation. I have been doing my own, as store-bought "fermented" products may have some healthy strains, but many don't survive pasteurization and treatment that must be done to get them on the store shelves. Kefir is easy and healthy, and you can select the dairy or other "milk," water to use and control what you consume. Yogurt is extremely easy and my experience in fermenting L Reuteri in dairy to get a yogurt-like product pays dividends. Sauerkraut is another easy ferment and takes about 3-4 weeks to render a delicious and healthy product. The cost savings vs buying final product from stores is another bonus.