View Single Post
  #26   ^
Old Wed, Jan-19-05, 05:05
muscle bound

Plan: Lyle's PSMF
Stats: 226/150/135 Female 5'7.5"
BF:46/20/sliced
Progress: 84%

Wa'il, I've reread this thread, so I hope I'm not suggesting repeats of Diemde's suggestions. If I am, then they haven't been changed, yet, because these are a few of the things I have just encountered. (I took notes, today. )

1) I am pleased to see the "aphabetical" sort option added to the general food search, but can it be made the default option, rather than the effective carb counts? I never choose a food based on it's ECC first.......I need to find it before I'll decide that.

2) Along the same lines, can you arrange the search function so that I can find the item based on the typed word? Example...."sugar" gives me 3 pages of stuff I can't use (babyfood, cookies, etc.). All I want is "sugar". IF I type in "sugars, granulated", then I get what I want, but if I wanted to remember those values, I'd use the USDA, which is a pain. One of the reasons I like FitDay, is I just have to type in an item, and I get a listing STARTING with the item typed. Example. I type in "sugar" and FitDay immediately begins the list with "sugars, granulated" (or brown, or whatever). Or I type in "carrot", and get "carrots, raw", versus Progress Tracker starting off with Babyfood or cookies.

3) When finding an item after doing a general search, the only options for selecting an item are to "Add it to Favorites", or "Add to Recipe Ingredients". How about an option to "Add to daily menu"?

4) In the Quick Selection Box..........where it says "Add from selected ingredients" to this meal: and then there's the meal choice box.......well, is it possible for the meal choice to default to that last used? As I add to the day, I have to constantly go to the box and change it to that certain meal, everytime, and it gets tedious when I have 6 lunch items, and have to reselect "lunch" every time. (I know, poor me.)

I hope these suggestions aren't too nit-picky, but I like easy, and so far this is way more work than FitDay. ('Course, I know that's why you're testing it, huh?)