View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-23-19, 08:15

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

If we accept the premise that people's opinions have been considered, how can we accept that a minority opinion got translated into a majority guidelines? To wit, it's said to be more simple with half-fruits/veggies and half-other stuff, but in fact it's more like 7/8 plants, 1/8 animals (if that). Effectively, it legitimizes a vegan diet, in spite of being deemed, by all accounts, deficient in several essentials like B12, A, D, E, K.

The logic here is that if less is better, then none is best.

On top of that, the prohibition on saturated fats emphasizes eating less meat, whereby none is best. Prohibition on sodium intake also adds to the deficiency, whereby no salt is best. Prohibition on sugar intake is the only one that makes any sense from all points of view (except from the producers', of course, but who cares about them), also whereby none is best.

I was just about to say that I'm done with that stupidity, but the good guy in me wants to make some good points anyways.

When it comes to essentials, there's only one way to look at it. To illustrate, let's use the risks stuff we say about too much salt for example.

The logic of too much sodium is bad

If too much is worst
Then less is better
If less is better
Then none is best

The logic of salt is essential

None is worst
Some is better than none
Enough is better than some
More than enough - i.e. too much - is best

When we say too much sodium is dangerous for any reason, it gets translated in practice into "none is best". This is true for anything we say "too much is dangerous", like meat, saturated fats, fat, protein, salt, sugar, processed foods, vitamin A (especially from animals like in liver and such), etc. The reverse is "eat at least, a minimum of", which gets translated into "too much is best", for things like carbs and fiber, where nobody ever says something like "too much fiber is bad for you". We end up with meals packed with carbs, a tiny pat of butter if we're lucky, a token piece of overcooked extremely lean meat, lots and lots of bread, all given to kids and patients and whoever else is cared for by the state in public institutions.

Now with these new guidelines, there ain't no meat and no butter and no salt and it's all good. As a good guy, I'd like things to go right, but as a hardcore cynic I think it's gonna take a few kids and patients to get sick and die just so the morons who wrote those guidelines learn a lesson, and I think that's what we'll get.

Autopsy - Kid/patient/whoever died of multiple severe deficiencies
Parents/hospital staff/caretakers/whoever - I don't understand, I followed the official guidelines as best I could