View Single Post
  #1065   ^
Old Thu, Jun-04-20, 14:48

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi all.

Trig---Ouch! So glad its feeling better today. Yeah, it's humbling to realize that while our minds are all over thinking we're still young enough to do what we used to, our bodies are not always in agreement. I have to stop and think before I attempt some stuff---the bent over lifting thing is a bad combo unless you're work out woman. You and me, not so much.

Good to hear you're sliding into those smaller sized things at the back of your drawers. That is a much deserved reward for your incredible consistency.

Jaz---Sure sounds like you're meeting some good people at that job. I'm sure there are PIAs too, always are, but when there's good ones around it's easier to ignore the jerks.

I know what you mean about being able to have a great conversation with those whose lives and history are so different than our own. One of my besties and me have been having that conversation for over 30 years now. She has taught me so much from her POV as a black woman. She is the reason I say that while no one approves of the looting and damage---which at least here has evolved to bigger and more peaceful protests---I just wish folks wouldn't make it the headline in this conversation. The headline imo should be "how did we get here, and how do we get out of here." Because if we can't figure that out it's going to repeat itself, worse and worse every time. I don't want to live in "that" country.

Nic---It's funny, in our former lives, pre co-vid, I was more social than you, although less social than it sometimes appears. But now like you, I find the much fewer and shorter outings more tiring. It is one of the properties of the Thing I think that one can have so much less to do, yet such a hard time getting it done!

Pal, I am so jealy of your pool. When you've got it done, deck varnished, gazebo up, please send pix and I will try to work out my envy by living vicariously.

Lori---Man, I don't know how you can run in that heat and humidity. Seriously, I would pass out after one block. But boyo, I bet a cool shower feels like heaven when you're done. I remember that from my major work out phase when I did work out in our living room---no AC in that old house, but a good ceiling fan. Felt so good when it was over, for me I think because it WAS over.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, I let it happen. I let my husband cut my hair. Just the back length but it seems we had a different idea of the length I thought I indicated. I feel like the kid that just got the bowl taken off her head, Oh well, it will grow and I have plenty of hats. Good news is it sure does feel better in this hot muggy weather we're having. Also picked up a cap frosting kit at Walgreens. We'll see how soon I'm brave enough to do that.

Gotta run, meeting a neighbor in the back yard here for a socially distanced happy hour.