View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Wed, Aug-05-20, 11:25

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

I've come to the realization that if I am hungry <5 hrs after eating, it is because I am eating the wrong foods (grains, dairy, legumes, sugar or processed crap). For 30 yrs I starved on 1100 cals of low-fat high-carb doctor&government-approved "healthy" diets, often with my stomach growling so loudly that others could hear it from across the room. It took white-knuckle willpower to follow the diet perfectly for weeks or months at a time with few or no results ... until I crashed & burned because I was weak & exhausted and not losing weight anyways so I may as well give up.

Now some days I only eat 1100 cals of vLCHF because I wasn't hungry and forgot to eat, IFing without even trying. My body compensates by asking for more real food the next day or two, which is how it is supposed to work. Now, only under times of extreme stress or frustration with something else in my life do I actually need to use willpower, for ~15 minutes while grocery shopping, to ensure that no crap makes it into my cart. Being human, I occasionally have off-plan indulgences. I usually regret them afterwards because they make me feel bad physically; I don't need to shame myself, just get back on plan and back to freedom from hunger.