#71   ^
Old Mon, Jun-20-11, 09:23

Plan: just low carb high protei
Stats: 462/204/190 Male 6ft 2
BF:
Progress:

Quote:
Originally Posted by catinhat
That sounds pretty low to me, unless you are just teeny - but with that much working out, I would think you'd need far more calories. I was stalling, I think, because mine were too low. I am now somewhere around 1400/1500 ish? I'm not really tracking super duper well, because I don't feel like I have the time to dedicate to weighing every morsel and logging it all in somewhere. (I'm running a small hobby farm, raising and homeschooling a 5 year old, running a household, and my Hubby is home 4 days a week, so 'me time' is a bit premium.) So what I'm doing is counting carbs, making higher fat choices for my food like I explained above, and more or less guesstimating. I mean...I've been dieting in some form since I was..what...12 years old? I pretty much know what calories are in everything but furinture, know what I mean?

If your calories are too low, I think you end up with your metabolism dropping, but I'm no scientist. How do you feel? Are you tired, or do you feel like you have plenty of energy? Are you losing some over the course of, say, a month? Are you sleeping well, without dreaming of food? Do you get hungry or light-headed or anything? Ultimately, I think we can learn a lot from one another, but we have to listen to our bodies and figure out what works best for us. Happily, adding more fat to my intake is working just lovely for me. (I'm down 3 pounds in the past 5 days!)

Hope this is helpful,
-catinhat

no im not teeny lol . 14 st 9 and 6 foot 2 inches lol

you think the amount i am eating is maybe too little? i do have energy . wouldnt say pleanty but i do feel a little tired sometimes. i just put it down to my 12 hour shift. i am sleeping well yeah . never dreaming of food . i only get hungry about every 3 hours when i am due my next little meal but its just small hunger if that . sometimes after gym if i get up to quick in the sauna i feel a little light headed. like a head rush . today when at the gym i will burn off a min of 600 and i know my intake will be about 1000 - 1300 or 1500 not any more.

do you think maybe aim for 1500 a day?

love any feed back as we do learn from each other . thanks