View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Tue, Jul-07-15, 01:56

Plan: LC RPAH/FailSafe
Stats: 137/136/136 Female 67"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Mardatha, have you looked at Dr. Myhill's protocols? She is in the UK, and specializes in helping people who have ME/CFS.

I take supplements and do various kinds of exercises, stretches, body work, energy sorts of things which help me. I have found some supplements have helped me a great deal, for example: magnesium, taurine, and inositol. Have you got Dr. Atkins' book, VitaNutrient Solutions? There are some good basic supplement protocols in it. I found it a good starting reference, even though there has been new research since his book came out.

Also, the usual abstinence from phone, tv, computer use, for a couple of hours before going to sleep. Care for atmosphere, for example, I keep my sleeping room for sleeping. I don't do other things in that room, so that it has a calm atmosphere.

I do restorative yoga several times throughout the day, and really notice how that helps.

Something else which has helped me, is to eat most of my food early in the day, and only eat lightly late in the day. I have meat/fish at the first meals, and have egg yolks and butter (or cream cheese) for the last meal. Perhaps some gelatin and yoghurt, too. I don't eat right before going to bed.

No caffeine after lunch. No artificial sweeteners.

Avoiding preservatives/additives/fillers, eating only pastured/grass-fed beef, and wild fish, that sort of thing. Using butter and cream from cows which are pastured/grass-fed. The best eggs I can manage. Grow my own herbs and a few greens/vegs, to avoid what is put in the soil and sprayed on the plants for commercial vegs/herbs sale.

For me, it is caring for each of the components of life. Best quality food, well-planned meals and movement/exercise, and rest. Balancing exertion and rest. Continually weeding out what is unnecessary.

Those are some examples of aspects of putting the picture together, so that there is a foundation of restfulness undergirding the whole. Sometimes, it works very well.

Peri-menopause was rough for me, and forced me to learn how to take much better care of myself. Menopause is much calmer for me.

I wish you success and really good rest.