View Single Post
  #100   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 05:31

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 166.5/146.5/145 Female 67 in.
BF:23.21%
Progress: 93%

Morning! Another day that I cannot sleep in past 6 am Oh well. Weight is holding steady at 147.5.

Bawdy-Hmmmm.....What veggies do you like the most? I have found this summer that I am totally burnt out from cucumbers and chicken and bagged salmon for lunches, b/c I ate it every day all year. So I've made some changes. I've been eating cottage cheese, several chicken breakfast sausages, and a small tomato for breakfast, and for lunch, I've been having a couple eggs scrambled with mushrooms and topped with melted 2% colby. I'm loving it! Do you like cottage cheese? It has TONS of protein. Do you have Greek yogurt at your grocery store? My Trader Joe's has a brand called Total 0%, with 15g protein and only 6g carbs per cup. They also have quite a line of Splenda-sweetened LC yogurts out there now. As far as other quick protein choices, I eat a lot of hamburgers and chicken sausages that I get from Trader Joe's. I do eat a LOT of cheese, especially cottage cheese, mozzarella, and the 2% colby. I probably eat at least 4 oz of hard cheese plus at least 1/2 c. if not more of cottage cheese per day. The protein adds up quickly. As far as veggies, rather than having a mock danish, could you have your eggs as an omelet filled with mushrooms, tomatoes, and/or peppers (and of course cheese)? What about having a salad and topping it with all sorts of LC goodies? That's often the only type of veggies I feel like eating in the summer. What are your thoughts on avocado? They can make a nice addition to a salad, are good in omelets, sliced on a burger, or turned into guacamole, yum Or, rather than having veggies at breakfast, you might have a few berries instead. Blueberries are AWESOME right now, so big and plump and juicy, just how I like 'em!!

Unity-Congratulations! All your patience is paying off

Acipenser-It's nice to see a picture of you. Hang in there. You HAVE come a long way, and being at 201 right now is just a test. A few months from now you will be laughing about it all as you are comfortably in the 100's

Elaine-Glad to hear you are still plugging along. What are your current goals right now? We are always here for you.