View Single Post
  #99   ^
Old Sun, Jul-11-04, 05:01

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

Unity, it just goes to show that if you stick to plan, things will happen. The human body is not a science lab in which if you follow all the rules exactly you'll get predictable results. If only that were true!

My food choices have still been pretty crappy lately. I just can't seem to get it in gear to make good choices. I'm still at 154, I think -- at least all my new suits are still loose on me. Take yesterday, for example. For breakfast, I had 3 cups of black coffee and 2 slices LC toast with SF peanut butter and regular butter. Lunch was a mock danish made with 4 ounces neufchatel cheese, 3 Tbsp half-and-half, 2 eggs, and some SF maple syrup. Dinner was 10 Ritz crackers and one and a half slices of cheese, and 2 glasses of wine. Sounds like it would be very high in fat, probably ok in carbs, and low in protein. Here are the numbers:

Calories: 1409
Fat: 94 grams (59%)
ECC: 47 grams (13%)
Protein: 55 grams (16%)

So, those carbs are way high. If all those carbs had come from veggies (or even a couple!), that would have been better. Instead the carbs came from the LC bread and from the crackers. And the protein was WAY too low. I should have had twice that much.

I'm not gaining from eating this way, but I'm not doing myself any favors health-wise either. I just can't bring myself to cook full meals for just me. A casserole would be good, but it's too hot for that.

How about helping me out with a couple ideas. I did buy some beef for shish-kebob, and that will be 2 high-protein meals.

But it's not really the protein I'm having trouble getting in (yesterday notwithstanding). I need to get some veggies into me. Maybe this morning I'll run up to the farm market to see what's fresh. On the way back, I'll stop at the grocery store.