#2   ^
Old Tue, Jan-26-10, 18:00

Plan: hcg
Stats: 192/142/138 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by amergin
I'm strongly thinking of trying the Enterolab tests just to rule out Gluten and other food sensitivities.
My query is that most reports here talk of varying degrees of 'positive' results.
Not so unusual considering the population here are not a random sample, and so more inclined to be show up positive on various issues.

I acknowledge the reports to date seem to support their bona-fides.
But I would be interested to know if there is anyone who has got the all-clear from Enterolab on food sensitivities/genetics?
Given the cost of the tests I'd like to do some "due diligence" on the process.
I'd imagine there should be at least some 'negatives' on this board.

I had a confirmation by enterolab but if you go to the main celiac forum (another site, not here) and search enterolab you will find posters who have gotten the negative from Dr Fine. keep in mind the number of negatives are low because the enterolab audience is by definition a pre-defined group that suspects they might have gluten issues, so many of the general population that might test negative are already weeded out.

Enterolab is controversial for those that are searching for the `gold standard`diagnosis but for those of us that are symptomatic but sero negative frankly the test is a god send. if you are getting tested the comprehensive panel that includes the gene test is a good idea.