View Single Post
  #131   ^
Old Fri, Aug-13-04, 17:49

Plan: none
Stats: 140/136/129 Female 5' 5"
BF:
Progress:
Default Coconut Oil

I purchased vigrin coconut oil from "live coconut oil". It is the unrefined, cold processed kind. it is the first brand I have tried, but is pretty good, although I have nothing to compare it to. It costs $19.95 a quart, a bit cheaper than some on-line brands. I am not hypo, but found this thread looking for message boards on coconut oil. It does seem to give me steady energy all day, and although I don't take my temperature, I do feel warmer. I believe , after taking it for a week, it has helped me lose two or so pounds. i tried taking it straight from the jar, and although I could swallow it, I have found the best way for me is to take it in a cup of very warm milk. The flavors seem to blend wonderful, and you don't even know it's there. Adding a drop or two of vanilla makes it even better. I have tried it in coffe also, but the milk tastes better. I am sure it would be great in hot cocoa also. I did cook a little with it, some fried green tomatoes, and omelettes. They both came out great. My husband doesn't care for the taste of it, so I can't cook with it a whole lot.