#9   ^
Old Mon, Feb-24-03, 19:15

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 116/110/58
BF:
Progress:
Default Pork Rinds

Hi everyone

After reading all these postings on pork rinds (which I have had but not for 30 years) I rushed out to hunt some down yesterday after work! So keen I was to replace my Darrell Lea Zero Carb Chololate Bar disaster with some other tasty snack.

I live in Sydney. I rang the company's phone number from one of the postings and was told that they were available at large Coles and Woolworths supermarkets. My local large Woolies had never heard of them unfortunately, but just by chance I thought I'd try the little Asian grocer two blocks away from my home. And I found them!

The ones I found are called Pork Krackles. When I spoke to the company I was told there was some MSG in the product. Don't know if it was his product that I found, but it would probably have MSG in it anyway. But, that aside, about 50% of the pack were dangerous to the health of my crowns! I was crunching away - some were really hard and others easily to crunch on. Not bad tasting, but nothing to write home about.

But after eating three, I was desperately seeking water as the stuff tends to get stuck in the throat and after eating about 20 of them, they decided to settle (unsettle) in my stomach and not get digested. I shouldn't have eaten them on top of my dinner. I was so keen to try them. I won't be eating them late at night again either.

I shall partake of them in moderation from now on. I get so carried away.....
Happy low-carbing, folks