Thread: LC our way! #2
View Single Post
  #950   ^
Old Thu, Jan-11-18, 08:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Jaz- DS16 has band daily at school at zero period. This other band is something he was trying through the place he is taking music lessons. He isn't liking it but since he decided to do it, he is seeing it through and it ends mid February. He will be glad to be finished with it!

Allowance- we were very hit or miss on this one. Every now and again I would assign chores and pay accordingly. More often than not, they got nothing but seldom asked for money outside of field trips, birthday gifts for parties and the like. Once they were old enough to have a job (babysitting, or otherwise) then those things came out of their pockets. Christmas gifts come out of their pockets as well.

Lori- I hope your current shoes do work for you. But if you have any doubt, get thee to the shoe store that is 30 minutes away and get fitted! Running can be really hard on your feet and I have a number of friends who have plantar fasciitis right now and can't do squat!

Your schedule for next week sounds wonderful! I do agree that you are in the power position here as to what you want to do and how much you want to work. They are lucky to have you!

Blue- Curious as to what your thoughts are on the concept of Oprah2020. I heard that being bandied about/ discussed on various news channels on XM yesterday. And feel free to dismiss, but curious anyway.

You asked about LC and Hormones. For me they are VERY tightly linked. I have PCOS (fairly mildly, IMO) diagnosed as a teenager. Being on LC has made me more regular than I have been in my entire life. Being off for quite some time last year, I think being back on was re-regulating things through induction. I have had several days of light staining and that is only reason I can think of.
Many women with PCOS find LC to be the best way to naturally regulate their hormones and other symptoms.

Girl, I think you are doing so well and perfectly fine on your plan. You can choose to do 6/7 on your plan, but just because you went 6 days this time doesn't mean you have to change plans. If you want to, do it. If it makes it easier to say 6/7 for each week and then decide weekly if you want that meal off or not, do that! The beauty of this is that it is always up to you! IMO you have been beautifully, remarkably on track and consistent for a long time!

•••••••••••••••••••••••

So I had an opportunity to practice not having a crappy mood yesterday over my Costco tire experience. I had made an appointment and took my car over to have the tires balanced and rotated. I had shopping to do so it was all going to be fine. They told me an hour to an hour and fifteen minutes, which kind of surprised me since I had an appointment, but I was okay with that as Costco is a great place to be stranded. Do my shopping, read some in a chair somewhere that is for sale, then grab my cold stuff when they are ready. So I hung out for a while, then was getting ready to finish up when I get a call from them- Costco: "your glove box won't open."
Me: "what do you mean?"
Costco: "We think it might be locked."
Me: "Ok, well, then can you just unlock it? You have the key."
Costco: "Well, I guess we could go out there and try it again.."

A few minutes later, my phone rings again.

Costco: "We can't get your glove box open. And you brought your car in too soon for the balance and rotation. You'll have to bring it back another time."
Me, irritated: "FINE. I'll come and get it after I check out."

Apparently there is a time frame for balance and rotation, even though I had to ask three people to find out what it was. Then I went out and easily opened the glove box by inserting the key and turning it. Sigh. And these people change tires but can't open a glove box??

So I was pretty ticked at first. Then I thought about it- I was going to Costco that day anyway. I got gas, got my purchases, flipped through a cookbook. I spend maybe an extra half hour total beyond what I would have anyway. Such a first world "problem!" So I quit whining!

I used my Sous Vide for the second time yesterday and made pork chops. I *hate* making pork chops because I suck at it. Well, these were so tender and juicy. Both the boys thought so too. I was really pleased with it. And easy! The next thing I will be using it for is steaks, in a couple of days. I know that will go well!

Today I am waiting on a dishwasher delivery. Ours is leaking somewhere and causing the floorboards to warp, so we have been hand washing for the past week.

My movie pass came in the mail yesterday and Rob's should be coming soon. Movie time!! I am interested to see how often I use mine. Looking forward to trying it!

Dropping slowly and not so worried about it. 20 by the wedding (September) is plenty of time and eases off the road of perfection. So far, so good.