#22   ^
Old Sat, May-04-02, 18:43

Plan: My Own
Stats: 333/215/160 Female 64cm
BF:
Progress: 68%

Hey Aussiegal!

Quote:
ps. If I need to cheat, I'm going to do a legal sugarfree/carbfree cheat. There is so much great info around to help....

Question: IF it's a legal, sugarfree/carbfree cheat - what sort of a cheat it that??? It's not a cheat in my book! Please explain further.

Kannel 140

Cheating does set you back - the more you cheat the more you are set back or will stall. It's a chemical thing inthe body - want to keep that insulin steady to stop the cravings etc etc.

I'm not saying I have never cheated but each time I do - I say 'never again' I feel terrible even if I get right back on withthings.

My dietitian says (also in keeping with CAD which is a slower, more generous weight loss program - look it up it may suit you better!) if you're gonna cheat (or have a reward as she says) - make it worthwhile and then it's done - It's better to do it once a week/fortnight/month than to have little 'pickies' every day or even more regularly 'cos then you're never really lowcarbing at all.
I had a reward meal per week for a while and still lost - but depending on what I ate I lost that 'great awake, alive' feeling had no energy at all - unlike how I feel when lowcarbing so i don't any more.

Let's look at the humble Chocolate Chip cookie - are they about 10-15g of carbs - golly that's more than some lowcarbers have in 1 day! I could have 2 each day and then carb-free but I'd never lose weight 'cos mu insulin would be up and that blocks weight loss and encourages the weight storage mechanism. And then the questionarises - what do i do with the rest of the pack???

I'm not on The Zone - so I'm not sure of the rules and regs but I'm sure if you re-read the book to re-focuss or maybe try another lowcarb eating plan - CAD lets you eat what you want eah night within a 1 hour period - it depends how addicted yor body is to acarbs ad how you react to it - we are all different!

Do some more reading - always have something 'legal' on hand for when you get the 'munchies'

Good luck - Let us know how you go!!

Can't you find some lowcarb satisfiers for your sweet tooth if that's the problem?