View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jun-04-18, 13:05
Forum Moderator

Plan: Primal/P:E
Stats: 171/145/145 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi. It's good that you recognize where you are - you're addicted. The next step is to really internalize that there isn't "just one" cookie or "just a handful" of chips and start to talk yourself out of that very first bite. It's tough, but it gets easier the longer you say 'no', stay LC, and gain some momentum.

Here's how I deal with it:
- Nothing particularly tempting to me is allowed in the house. DH is very supportive and any junk, he'll hide in his desk or whatever. He gets the green light for anything containing gluten because it's completely off my radar.
- I learned to be organized, and like Robin suggested, I always keep lots of 'legal' foods on hand. I shop ahead of getting low, and I make sure I take some time on a Sunday to prep for the coming week.
- I taught myself to cook and I really do enjoy it. It doesn't have to be time consuming. I work different shifts, and believe me, lots of nights (or entire weeks) I can't deal with much more than nuking some veggies and throwing a hunk of meat on the clamshell grill, but I make sure those easy options are always there.
- I have cocoa powder, almond flour, and other ingredients on hand to make LC single-serving treats. This is like insurance. I rarely make them... but knowing they're there is really helpful to me.
- In the beginning, if you're struggling, let yourself binge on LC foods if you have to. You need to break the physiological carb addiction. Let the ketosis start to set in. Then, you can start to work on whatever emotional components there are.

Best of luck; keep us posted. Consider starting a journal here.