#8   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-21, 19:27

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
After this study came out, checked my cottage cheese from Costco, and of course for that price, it used regular pasteurized milk. To steer anyone in the right direction, the Trader Joe's Organic cottage cheese has two live cultures. Also found in a regular grocer, a brand called Good Culture, inc. small individual cups with fruits. Yogurt like Fage has even more live cultures, but fermented cottage cheese, not so easy to find. Nancy's has been recommended but not found here. TJ also has plain kefir.

I love Nancy’s yogurt. I live about an hour away from their home base in Springfield OR, so feel that it is “local”. But I can’t say that I like their cottage cheese. I want to; it ticks all the boxes - local, organic, live cultures - except for one: I don’t like the taste, or maybe it’s the texture, or maybe both. It has been quite awhile since last I tried. I can’t recommend it, but as we all experience such things differently it might be worth your while to check it out if you can find it. The yogurt however is great. I get the whole milk, organic version. The Greek version is pricier than I wish, so I just drain the regular through cheesecloth if I feel I need it thicker.