View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Fri, May-03-02, 21:18

Plan: low carb
Stats: 146/132/130
BF:
Progress: 88%
Unhappy Need INPUT; no response in other posting area

I posted this a few days ago at Tips and Stalls area and I received no responses. I am wondering if anyone has any suggestions for me. I have taken this website very seriously; I am hoping others will do the same for me. I have never asked for help here before and would like any input you all have to offer. Thank you all so much in advance!

My post from Stalls area:

For the past month, I have lost and regained the same 3 lbs. I fluctuate between 133 and 136. I lost 6 lbs. during induction and then lost 7 lbs. in two months to get down to 133 by early April. Since then, I go up and down but can't seem to lose any more. My hunch is that my weight loss has really slowed since I am down to my final 10 lbs. I am pretty happy about where I am since I feel so much better, but I would really love to completely remove the blob of fat around my middle.

I am on Atkins, but I still drink coffee. Other than that I follow a very simplified version of Atkins....no low carb bars, no bake mixes, no soda, no Equal, etc. My daily menu looks something like this:

Breakfast: 2 eggs scrambled in butter with cream cheese; ham, chicken or smoked salmon

Lunch: salad with olive oil and lime dressing + a protein; or tuna or chicken salad with greens; or leftovers from dinner

Dinner: salad, lamb, beef, fish or chicken, green beans, spinach or chard, 3-5 strawberries with heavy cream

water--approx. 1 gallon per day

Swimming-30 mins. per day, 4 days per week + walking everyday for at least 30 minutes.

In an attempt to lose more, I recently cut out homemade low carb ice cream and butternut squash, but strangely, I seemed to be losing better while having the ice cream and the somewhat carby squash a few night per week. Other than that, I have not changed anything about my menus. I am in no rush to get to my goal weight, as I am loving how energetic and happy I am feeling.

After typing all of this, I am thinking I may actually have to up my carbs + calories to take off more weight. I am so brainwashed from my years of starvation lowfatting, that I am scared to think this could be the solution!?!? Any suggestions are welcome.