View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Thu, Aug-13-20, 19:39

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Far far more live on a diet of processed carbs and seed oil fats. I read debates from doctors and researchers about which one is the worst, but they are both very very bad.

So it follows, inevitably, that the typical Western diet, especially one from people who are financially challenged, which is also a food desert, creates a body which COVID-19 is particularly dangerous for.

Financially challenged. IMHO this is an excuse now that I understand the true value of different foods and fasting.

Among my travels to food pantries, only a rare few are thin and trim. But all others are obese and could seriously limit food intake to low carb and IF.

SNAP is available to a limited few but it encourages purchasing fresh veg and fruit.

Food deserts are a real problem in some areas. Where I live cars are a must as it allows acess to real supermarkets.

The nearest to me, and the most expensive is 2.5 miles away. For my mother, 5 miles.

Making a car essential to having access to real food.

The minimarts unfortunately dont carry real food, just packaged ready to eat "food".

Any push to eating real food is a good thing.
( Always amazed by the long line of cars at local McDonalds for lunchtime rush......not real food. Across the street is a grocery store.)