View Single Post
  #450   ^
Old Sat, Jul-17-10, 19:24

Plan: Vegetatian Low Carb Plan
Stats: 200/183/160 Male 168
BF:
Progress: 43%

To answer several at once...

My daily weight loss has varied but my average loss seems to be stable at about 0.3 kg/day according to my Google Docs food diary.

I'm not sure I'd go as far as to recommend a 100% veggie low carb diet to a non-vegetarian though. Swapping out some of the animal products may help but, particularly during induction, the veggie plan can be a challenge. It certainly makes eating out anywhere quite difficult (I usually just end up having olives and a salad). My carnivore housemate had a much easier time of induction than I did.

Regarding linseed - I get the H&B brown linseed at a fraction of the price of the golden one. Probably not as healthy but it beats the wheat bran I was using as a fibre additive previously and I get plenty of omega 3 oil as a bonus.
At least one source seems to suggest there's little difference:
http://www.goldenflax.com/flaxseed-faq.html#goldvsbrown

Regarding the Sainsbury's drinks - I'm fortunate enough not to be sensitive to aspartame or sucralose but drink sucralose by preference because it tastes better. I find aspartame has a very obvious "diet" taste whereas sucralose drinks taste as good as the full sugar versions.

Unfortunately several people seem to have stalls with various kinds of sweetener and I guess you've just got to find what types and quantities work best for you.

Sadly my own fatal stall food seems to be cheese which is a real shame as it's my favourite.