#19   ^
Old Wed, Jul-04-18, 05:05

Plan: Atkins-ish (hypoglycemia)
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 63
BF:
Progress: 50%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondaygirl
I think that the problem with carbs is that you never seem sated. You may be feeling physically full, but you still want something more. Carbs are never enough. That's the nature of the stuff.
That's definitely my experience with carbs - I could eat massive quantities of carbs, my stomach would be hurting because it was so full and distended, but I'd still feel hungry. After couple of hours, the excessive fullness would abate a bit, and I wasn't just hungry, I was ravenous again. Rinse and repeat ad infinitum, all due to the effect of all those carbs on my blood sugar/insulin. (I'm no scientist, so I know I oversimplify it)
Quote:
A documentary I watched had one doctor stating that that is the reason that the SAD relies so heavily on carbs; you are perpetually hungry so you keep buying food. I guess it's another case of "follow the money".

We all know what a trip through the grocery store is like - aisles and aisles of sugar and starch, with very little actual food. The stores would be about 1/10 of their current size if all they sold was actual food (even allowing a couple aisles for paper products, cleaning supplies, and toiletries), instead of just sugar and starch based "products".

It always amazes me the sheer volume of food so many people buy - some on a daily basis - simply because most of what they're buying is nothing more than sugar and starch. It's no wonder they need to buy so much to eat, because they never feel satisfied.