#15   ^
Old Sun, Sep-07-03, 11:25
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein (since 7/03
Stats: 255/213/130 Female 62 inches
BF:47%/39%/24%
Progress: 34%

Lisa:

Regarding the dawn phenomenom, am I going to have to live with it until it adjusts itself? I have tried numerous things to bring it down, eating fat before bedtime, eat peanut butter before bedtime. Take my pills at bedtime. Taking my pills at dinner time. Taking ALA. Injecting long acting insulin. The whiskey experiment was the worst. I am not a drinker and taking a shot of whiskey before bedtime was nearly the end of me. Is this a wait it out kind of thing? My doctor is not at all concerned about the rise I get in the morning. I go to bed with 120 and wake up with 135 to 140 and sometimes as high as 150. I hit it with lispro to bring it down. I slavishly folllow Dr. B's plan and I exercise on a regular basis just like Dr. B suggests. Am I doing all I can?

The reason I ask is because I am fretting about this so much it is taking over my life. If it will go away by itself and I just do what I should be doing to get there (including losing weight) then I think I will stop obsessing about it.

Thanks!