Old Thu, Jul-25-19, 22:35

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Arielle
Dang!!!! I imagined it was sunny!!!

Then I,ll try Sicily! or the Alps. Or New Zealand.

Anywhere sunny grassy and flocking with sheep or cattle.

Having lived for several years in Ireland as a schoolgirl (officially a resident of California) I can confirm that Ireland can, on occasion, be sunny, but it is not the default state. All that green grass, the happy cows and sheep, the 50 shades of green? That comes from rain, or drizzle, or, as the Irish say, "a soft day" - that is, not raining exactly, but if you stay out your hair will get wet. When I was studying for exams at school, age 16, there was a heatwave! Very hard to study, we all wanted to be outside. It got all the way up into the 80s! Imagine! So hot! It went on for a couple of weeks. The farmers were desperate; they had no irrigation, they didn't need any usually. The cows in the far pastures had little water; normally their water troughs were filled by Mother Nature. Growing up, as I did, on the foggy coast of California, it all seemed perfectly normal. But if you want sun, Ireland is not the first/best choice. However, for many other reasons, I would move back without hesitation, if I weren't' so firmly established now in Oregon. (Plus, I imagine that the Ireland of today is not the Ireland I knew in the 1960s)