View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Jul-30-03, 08:37
Mad Scientist

Plan: Healthy eating/lifestyle
Stats: 156/115/115 Female 5'4 - small frame
BF:
Progress: 100%
Default What is The Schwarzbein Principle?

Since so many people are asking what SP is all about, I thought I'd start a thread that we can all collaborate on. It's impossible for me to go through all the posts so maybe we can all add some of the links that we think help explain what SP is all about. If anyone is unsure of how to add these links, PM me with the title of the thread (or specific post) and I will add them to this thread.
The most confusing part about SP is that she has 2 books which, in my opinion, are very different. The first book addresses Insulin Resistance whereas the second book addresses the triad of the major hormones, adrenaline, cortisol and insulin. Although my preference is SPII, some find it too technical and prefer the simplicity of SPI. However be forewarned that SPI doesn't give the whole picture.

SP is not a low carb program. It is a moderate carb, moderate fat and moderate protein diet. The key is balance.

The following links should give a pretty clear understanding of SP.
The Schwarzbein Principle Site - select the "email us" link at the bottom of her homepage to send questions. I find the shorter the question, the quicker the reply.
The Tests

SPI:
Low Carb Plans: The Schwarzbein Principle

SPI vs. SPII:
What Kind of Schwarzbein are you? I or II?
Book 1 and Book 2
On Saturated Fats - SPII

SPII:
SPII Programs
Insulin Resistant or Sensitive?
Basic Diet

Not SP, but related - Burned Out Adrenals (Adrenal Fatigue):
Adrenal Questionnaire
Home Tests for Adrenal Fatigue
Metabolic Scorecard
AdrenalFatigue.org

This is by no means a substitution for reading the book, but it's a start for people to understand what the plan is about.

Wanda
Sponsored Links