View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jun-14-18, 09:02
Registered Member

Plan: Keto-ish
Stats: 339/286/245 Male 76 inches
BF:
Progress: 56%

Thanks for the help. For what it's worth, I wasn't jumped on, and I wasn't banned or anything like that. The moderator just didn't approve my post. I just asked them if there was a way to modify it to make it fit the guidelines, and no...it was gone forever.

I did like you said, Janet...I just left and moved on with my life. There was way too much confusing left-field kind of nonsense on there anyway. Thanks for being the voice of reason.

Going back to my original point, my post there was intended to describe that once people are acclimated to this way of eating, there is an ability to temporarily adjust priorities and make it work in the long run. I'm not talking about having birthday cake or doing things that will cause people to go off the deep end...just that understanding the whole process and taking a sensible approach doesn't mean that you have to live in 100% denial all the time. That's why I framed it as an "allowance" rather than a "cheat" or a "setback." Yeah, it's semantics, but it's also not intended to try and whitewash going off-plan.

I think that developing the right mindset is 3/4 of making this way of life a success. Early adopters probably don't understand it, and I can see where it might be confusing to discuss things like this, but presented in the right way, it can also be enlightening.

And by the way, I also noted that 4 days after I returned from my trip, I had a 4 pound loss from the previous week. I attribute that to a strong understanding how this way of eating works, making the right choices (even if they are off-plan or at least in a gray area), and positive self motivation.