Old Sun, Jun-03-18, 18:42
Registered Member

Plan: Keto + IF
Stats: 260/300/165 Male 5' 6"
BF:
Progress: -42%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin120
I'm a lucky one- even as a kid, I would refuse all fastfood, or even to go into McDonald's (I hated the smell, and thought all fast-food was "dirty ").
I was a 90s kid, so convenience and prepackaged foods were all the rage. Some of it even seems like women felt like it was a show of their powerful carers to use more frozen foods, lunchables, etc.... As in "I'm so busy that I can afford these foods and don't have time to cook, because I work." It was as if women couldn't have both a career and cook.
in my house, I had a single mom with a great career and she took a ton of time to make healthy stuff for me, especially after I got diabetes, and so i think that is a huge reason I never developed a taste for fast food/chips/etc....
BUT the one treat she could give me was diet soda, so I was allowed it every night. As an adult, I know I drink way too much diet soda!!!!

Culturally, fast food in my generation was very taboo/ seen as for poor people or for the b oys. None of the popular girls would be caught dead eating that stuff. In fact, half the cheerleading team went vegetarian after the movie "clueless" came out because Alicia Silverstone is a very outspoken vegan. It became the "cool girl" culture to pack a bottled water, rice cakes, carrots and hummus at lunch.

I think it was also around the same time all the cool girls started to complain about how cold it was all the time and conspired to turn every office building men work at into a sauna.