#5   ^
Old Mon, Aug-21-23, 11:31

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verbena
... if cancer, while feeding on sugar, also somehow heightens a person’s craving for it.

Here's an article from the UK:

Quote:
Cancer cells usually grow quickly, multiplying at a fast rate, which takes a lot of energy. This means they need lots of glucose. Cancer cells also need lots of other nutrients too, such as amino acids and fats; it's not just sugar they crave.

Oct 20, 2020
Sugar and cancer – what you need to know

Since you've been low carbing, you are probably familiar with the blood sugar roller coaster. That will make us crave sugar. It's an immediate NEED for that quick burning stuff. So yes, it's probably a signal for that reason: until he does maintain ketosis, he's trapped in the cravings.

And I think those sugar cravings we all know do turn into metabolic problems, like the one you and your husband is dealing with now. I'm sorry to hear it has taken such a turn.

Dr. Annette Bosworth wrote a book about her mother's cancer which was a case study in what it can do. It's a fine example of how real ketosis can make for a better-feeling patient. Of course, I understand the difficulty, especially under stress. My sibling and myself eat low carb to stave off familial diabetes. Another sibling just had a stroke because he tried it, it worked, but was "too hard" or something. I'm sick about it, yet I'm convinced it's not too late. His recovery would be only enhanced if he went back onto a better diet, even now.

ANYWAY YOU CAN: Doctor Bosworth Shares Her Mom's Cancer Journey: A BEGINNER'S GUIDE TO KETONES FOR LIFE

Which is also a wonderful tale about the power of sardines for older women. I'm trying to make them a new habit, as a ceasar salad. Going well so far