View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Mon, Apr-15-19, 02:03

Plan: LCHF, no breakfast.
Stats: 256/178/140 Female 5ft 3"
BF:
Progress: 67%

We live on a farm, I got goats because of the negative relationship between them and asthma/allergies and children. There’s a lot of mud, dirt, I don’t clean much, don’t really use chemicals. Since I realised DS1 was developing allergies have been stroking all animals and dirt and putting it on his face and mouth to develop him. I let them drink out of streams (not in the summer) and eat soil and chew sticks or whatever they want to do.

I know this all sounds extreme, but So far, none of this has led to illness whereas visiting nursery, soft play centres, cafes or people kissing him has. DS1 used to drink the most horrendous filthy, muddy water (before I could get to him to stop him!) and never got ill from any of this. Obviously I don’t let him do this anymore! He’s never has sickness or diarrhoea.

So I don’t really believe dirt is problematic and am already cross with the system which says wash hands or use antibacterial gel after stroking pets or playing outside.

DS2 was floored with antibiotics when he was tiny, this and his vaccinations which came when he wasn’t thriving, I believe ruined his immune system. I do what I can. I’ll try goat milk soon, but a trial comes with such a big risk it takes a long time for me to work up to it. It could be fine, or mean a bit of a rash and an upset tummy or an emergency ambulance to hospital and weeks of vomiting, diarrhoea and sleepless nights.