View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Sun, Apr-14-19, 02:51

Plan: LCHF, no breakfast.
Stats: 256/178/140 Female 5ft 3"
BF:
Progress: 67%

My boys are little, oldest is nearly 5. I talk to him/them about healthy eating, growing and nutritious food versus cheap food that fills you up but won’t make you healthy or grow. He gets ice cream and pizza occasionally, and lots of his meals are sans bread/carbs. I’m not as anti carb as I used to be, so oats, rice, fruit I think are ok, but processed food is limited to meals out, parties, etc.

Is it enough? I ask myself every week. Probably, just.
I’ve been aware of Western A Price work for years and note with interest that DS1 has the distinctive wide facial structure promised by their followers.
He’s tough with regard to pain, cold, illness and currently has perfect teeth, which is also noted by WAP in children brought up on traditional diets. He might be a touch chunkier than I’d like, but is also very strong and enjoys movement, exploring, etc,. It’s probably enough.

Of all the families I know, only one is stricter, they follow a low meat/unprocessed, crunchy, organic lifestyle, the children are always ill with colds and skinny, narrow faces. This is what I see in other families who ‘try’ with baking their own bread, using pulses instead of meats and drink alternative milks. Lots of overlapping teeth.

Most children here seem fairly unhealthy to me. I genuinely worry about the health of the nation, children and the next generation.