View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Thu, Oct-08-20, 07:12

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

But it's not just the "carbage" and poor food choices causing the malnutrition. I've been following a low-carb whole-food lifestyle since the late 1990s. Yes, I slip up and eat carbage sometimes, but 90% of the time I consider my diet to be filled with healthful foods.

Around 2014 when I was seeing a new doc and complaining that "I'm doing everything right and still can't lose weight," he had me do several nutrition tests (like NutrEval and others) and stool tests to determine how my body was using the nutrients I was taking in. Turns out my digestion was sub-par and I was on the verge of malnutrition. He said this explained why I kept gaining and couldn't lose the fat. Since my body couldn't digest/metabolize the food, it was simply storing it as fat.

The recommendation was for me to take several different probiotics every day and to take digestive enzymes every time I eat something.

I will admit that I don't always do this, probably not even half the time. Why? I wish someone would tell me. I set reminders on my computer and phone, I've tried keeping my supplements in the bathroom, or the kitchen, or in my home office, thinking that if I see them, I'll take them. Nope. After a day or two I don't even notice them anymore.

And get this. One of my cats needs to take 3 medications morning and night, and has since last February. Do you think I've forgotten to give them to him even once? Nope. But I routinely forget to take my own meds/supplements.