Thread: LC our way! #2
View Single Post
  #974   ^
Old Sun, Jan-14-18, 08:09

Plan: General LC
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 90%

Lori- the chili sounds good.. comforting and filling. Perfect for a cold day. Cold here too although you are always colder where you are. I think we are in the low teens. At least it is sunny!

Try not to panic over the 10k goal- you will do the best you can, period. For now, make little mini goals, and focus on those. Otherwise it will be too overwhelming and you will get discouraged. Give yourself KUDOS for every mini goal you reach. One bite at a time with that elephant!

So glad you are loving shirred eggs!

Jaz- So glad that you looked into Airbnb and you see some good possibilities for you. I am using an Airbnb next month for my DD and I, I think I said that already. Cheaper (or equal) to one hotel room to be shared, but we each get a room, there are two bathrooms, a kitchen and room to spread out. Much better than being all up in each others' faces!

The papers sound challenging. I would have to watch a few videos to get myself back up to speed on how to cite things etc. It has been many years!

Blue- You have got me thinking re: the shake thing. I don't want one as a meal replacement MYSELF, that doesn't work for me mentally. BUT I wonder if something LIKE that, that I would freeze in portions, would work as a type of ice cream sub? Interesting thought.

I *LOVE* the idea of you using your little notebook. What a great plan! And a good incentive and fun to do as well! In my minds eye I can see you pulling it out like Harriett the Spy, one of my childhood heroines!

You are right, I was not only slipping around last last year but eventually just gave up the ghost for a while. I feel like, in the end, I just needed a dang break. I was just worn from the battle of it. I feel much better now for sure. The disengagement was necessary perhaps, for the reset to occur.

Really glad you are feeling strongly on track, that the shakes are working and satisfying for you, and that you are enjoying that thinner feeling!

Hi Kmom! Hope your weekend is going well!

Trig- I know you are loving this cold weather-- NOT! At least the days are already getting longer. Staying light until 5 PM now. WHOO HOO!

••••••••••••••••

Working toward my goal this year to DISTILL what is important in my life and then align the things I do to moving toward them.. and so I have been giving a lot of consideration to my bucket list. Five things on it are:

• 50 states by 55- currently in progress and should make it! Hoping to knock off Kansas, Oklahoma and New Mexico this summer. That leaves Oregon, North Dakota, Hawaii (2020) and Alaska.

• 7 continents by 70

• Going to Costa Rica, to the Sloth Sanctuary, and taking the Insiders Tour.

• Going to Africa, taking a safari and staying at Giraffe Manor for a night.

• Taking a cruise to Australia and New Zealand.

Whoo hoo!

Going to the dinner theater this morning with DH, both boys, DD and Fi. Obviously won't be dinner this time but brunch. Luckily I enjoyed plenty of pancakes and such during my off period and so I don't want them now.

DS19's GF (who usually goes with us) is in Paris with her Mom on a groupon deal (and they got a major deal, too!) She even paid her own way. I think it was like 500 per person including airfare?

No school tomorrow for MLK day, then DS16 moves into exam week. He only has four and they are relatively spread out. He has done very well this quarter. I am proud of him! And DS19 scored a 98 on his Econ Midterm for his January online class. Yay!

Have a good day!