View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Wed, Jul-27-11, 11:16
Registered Member

Plan: General low carb
Stats: 120/120/120 Female 165cm
BF:
Progress:

It's tough, and it's awful, and I really feel for you. But you are just a short way from starting to feel better than you have for a long time. The 4 things that have made most difference to me are

1- no sugar, starch, just meat, eggs, vegs. Take it one step at a time. It's probably taken me 1 year to be eating this way. Start by cutting out refined sugar. The cravings will go if you resist them long enough, believe me. And you will eventually get the hang of the cravings/binges - it's tough but as you start to cut out sugars you'll start to feel a bit better and then you'll want to feel more better and that'll spur you on to cut out something else. You'll do it - if I could you can too!
2 - take digestive enzymes and betaine HCl - but look into this first. I had a lot of die off but it's made a massive difference. This sorts out your internal ph - which is a contributing factor in the growth of candida, and also if you are digesting your food properly there shouldn't be anything left over for candida.
3 - take probiotics. Take upwards of 12-50 billion a day, although ease up gently. Maybe the probiotics haven't been working because the candida has been too strong since it's being fed all day long.
4 - milk thistle, biotin, zinc, vitamin c are all good suggestions. (I couldn't decide which was most important!)

After much reading and research I believe we have to change our internal environment - that's eating right (ie as nature intended), digesting our food properly (so there is nothing left for the bugs), regular bowels to get rid of the waste, and no sugar.

BUT nothing will work if you continue to feed the candida. Take one step at a time and do it slowly. Plan the first day. Have half of the carbs you would normally at each meal and supplement with more meat. Do that for 2 weeks. You will get die off, take milk thistle extract and vitamin c to help. After that cut down more, or do one meal with no carb and see how it goes.

Very best of luck