#8   ^
Old Sun, Jun-22-03, 23:13

Plan: SS
Stats: 204/204/120
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Thanks for the encouragement!

Mamabeek:
My snacks have mostly been pepperoni or cheese. I think I've gone overboard on the cheese. I have been having it for snacks and been having a lot of snacks through the day. I usually try to include veggies, like celery with cream cheese. I figured out the pepperoni chips - microwave is best between paper towels. I also got the spinach bread recipie from the latest SS book, which is terrific, and have had a slice of that for a snack. Sometimes with a piece of cheese, sometimes melting cheese on the spinach bread.

I learned how to make the ice cream - Splenda, heavy cream, some flavored extracts and a little food coloring do wonders. I found instructions for making ice cream with Ziploc bags, ice and salt on the Low Carb Cafe. Just use a small bag with your ingredients and a large bag with ice and table salt, mix about 5 minutes, rinse off the inner bag, and toss in the freezer for an hour. Careful, the bags can split - the person who came up with that one is a genius. Now I know I will invest in an ice cream maker as a reward once I start losing some weight.

I had not heard about some people taking a little longer for the LC WOE to kick in, so hearing that you have seen others go throught it on the web does make me feel better - thanks for that!

I don't think I'm losing inches because my clothes feel tighter. I have not been excercising because I've had company, and I wanted to see the impact of the diet in the first two weeks or so. That may have also been a mistake Company leaves tomorrow, so its back to my workout tomorrow.

Is is possible to eat too much? Maybe I'm overeating because I can have so many tasty (i.e., with fat) things that I have not had in a while (cheese, beef, pork, cheese, pepperoni, cheese).

I was really missing bread a few days last week, but was able to avoid it. Does that get easier? Does this WOE become "normal" and start to feel like you are just eating what you like? Maybe as I integrate this into my usual life, and get over the novelty of BACON, I will eat smaller portions.

PS, the shake & bake is super - I'm going to leave out the red pepper next time, but I used it to fry Zucchini - works great!

Also tried grilled eggplant with olive oil, a little tomato sauce or some red bell pepper and some mozzarella - yum! You sure do cook a lot with LC! I never spend this much time in the kitchen! I'm not complaining - it actually feels great!

Again, thanks for the encouragement!

davinci