View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Fri, Jun-28-19, 06:31

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Since this is a thread for the keto-curious and practioniers: I feel it. I feel why people talk about "this is your brain on keto" and it's fantastic.

I was very sick, and so this is working from a low baseline I have not been able to think this clearly in a long time, and I can do it for a much longer time, and --this is key-- it doesn't have an unpleasant aftermath.

I am back on caffeine again, only stopping before noon and that seems to work the way people want it to: a charge of energy that really does last all day, and not interfere with sleep.

And keto brain, especially on coffee, is like that. I'd dropped caffeine because the energy didn't last and came with a hangover.

But not any more.

After noon I'll do a big mug of green tea, which Dr. Fung says helps release the fat cells and turn them into energy, along with the caffeine, which also helps. So I feel like I have a working system I understand after six months of implementation, and this keto meter is going to help me fine tune moving forward.

Also during this six months, I lost 25 pounds, which went past my goal weight in a big way, and since I plan to stay in ketosis and not leave, I might lose a few more. Though I am already getting well-meaning cautions by friends about how dramatically the loss shows.

I now weigh what I did in junior high, when the obsessive dieting began.