Old Thu, Sep-01-11, 11:26

Plan: 160g animal protein/day
Stats: 185/167/165 Female 5'10
BF:35
Progress: 90%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mollys121
Woah, I think we should just leave this here. (:
Okay, I am not going to lie I am struggling to eat. I have virtually no appetite and when i do have one, i am eating the same old BORING foods which eventually leads me to eating one quarter of the plate to begin with. Recently i have been upping my fats and getting my calories over 1000, like 1400! I really cannot see how people are finding ways to eat when the carbohydrate levels are so low. I mean yes i could snack on chicken, or beef all day, but it begins to make me feel nauseous. And eggs ... I am sick of eggs. ahaha

I am not going to lie, i really do believe I am doing EVERYTHING right - from drinking water to my ratio percentages which lie at 74% fat, 21% protein, and 5% carbs (by the way that is my average)

I am feeling so unmotivated at present, in fact I am getting symptoms that were not there when i was eating so called 'normally' - Blacking out, humongous bloated face, i feel fatter ... What about L.carnitine.

Here's some things that I eat/drink in addition to eggs and meats:

avocado w/ salt and lime
salami
bacon
smoked salmon
smoked gouda cheese
mozzarella cheese
almonds
almond butter
coconut meat
coconut milk
frozen raspberries with splenda and heavy cream
coffee with heavy cream (are you a coffee drinker? because this is delicious)
green beans with lots of butter
cooked frozen broccoli with lots of butter

If something is low in fat, my rule of thumb is to add butter or some other fat to it. It keeps my motor running all day long.

I am not much of a cook, so these are pretty quick snacks for me. Actually, I don't snack... I just supplement these foods with my meals.

You said you're woozy. You'll need to up your salt intake with broth and/or loading up on salt whenever you eat. When a person eats the standard high-carb diet, their tissues are saturated with insulin. That insulin in turn causes the body to hold onto salt... LOTS of salt. That's why when we switch to low-carb that we're always running to the bathroom. Our insulin in the blood lowers dramatically, thus in turn causing the body to expel lots of salt in the urine.

How many calories a day are you eating? Did you say 1400 calories? If it's at 1400 and you end up feeling hungry eventually, then it's okay to up the calories to 1800 (or higher than that). You won't need to worry about putting on weight if you're eating low-carb. I can understand if you're not very hungry right now, especially if you're in ketosis. But definitely make sure to eat more food if your energy level goes way down and you feel extremely hungry. That's your body's sign that it's trying to conserve energy... in other words, it will try harder to hold onto weight.

How many weeks has it been since you've been doing low-carb? I know your body isn't cooperating right now, but give it a little time. You will start to see progress.