View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Oct-13-02, 16:53
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%

I read almost all of this guys' spiel, until I got to the part that said that there is NO SUCH THING as a fast or slow metabolism,...then I had to stop... Ok Mr.-Know-It-All, if caloric intake is SUCH a factor in weight gain, then why don't you explain to me how my son, who is 22 yrs. old, 5 foot 9 inches tall, who has cerebral palsy does NOT, and I repeat NOT GAIN WEIGHT EVEN EATING A CALORIC LEVEL OF 4,000-5,000 calories PER DAY!!!
Go ahead... try to explain that... he has seen nutritionists, and dieticians, and doctors, and none of them can give an answer to it. He is unable to walk,unless with assistance,can get off of couches and chairs by himself, and can crawl by himself, but has no high amount of activity in any given day... I have been told that those with cerebral palsy have a 25% higher metabolic rate than most do... and oh yeah, by the way.... if there is no such thing as metabolism making a difference in the way that someone loses weight, then why is it when someone raises their metabolism by: 1.) eating, and/or 2.) exercise, and/or 3.) drugs.... how is it then, that those people then lose weight? HHmmm something to think about isn't it? I am sure going to send this Mr. Ellis an email regarding this article as soon as I am done reading it... and I am going to ask him the very same question that I asked here.