View Single Post
  #41   ^
Old Fri, Jun-17-05, 08:47

Plan: Carnivore
Stats: 212/179/160 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 63%

February 28 was the last time I posted here? Yikes!

DH and I just got back from Ireland last night. I had a great time climbing mountains and hiking around and scrounging through castles and ruins. DH didn't even try to keep up with me. All that time on the treadmill sure did wonders for me!

This one mountain I climbed was called Knocknarea (say, knock-NAR-ea). I don't know the elevation, but the guide book said it takes 30 to 45 minutes to climb up and another 30 to 45 minutes to climb back down.

I made it up, stayed 10 minutes up top, and got down again all within 50 minutes!!! Wow! DH stayed in the car reading and smoking his pipe. He figured I would be gone at least a couple hours.

And when I got back down I felt great! Granted, a little winded, but great.

I'm hoping that this vacation showed DH that he needs to hunker down and eat better and do a regular workout routine, including the treadmill. We even went to one castle where the upper parapet corridors were so narrow, he couldn't even begin to go down them. It really was kind of sad to see him staying behind. I'm sure he felt bad, too, though he maintained that he really had no interest in climbing mountains or hiking. (This from a man who used to love hiking.)

So today it's back in the swing of things for me. Regular workouts and eating right. I might experiment with the eating, but not sure in what way yet.