View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Sun, Feb-18-18, 14:47

Plan: Atkins Concept
Stats: 225/190/175 Male 70.5"
BF:
Progress: 70%

Well this thread about sugar substitute for Asian sauce got hijacked didn't it?!

I'm always looking for any ideas on sweeteners. I've been working with erytritol recently to some small success, and I'll be ordering this one soon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00FLD3X2...GKHZ7RQH3W&th=1

Thud and TucsonBill,

I just picked up some konjac noodles myself recently, and some tofu noodles, I have yet to try them. Those konjacfoods noodles are really expensive to buy online. I'll be sure to look closer at the Asian market next time and see if they have them. thats where I got the plain Konjac noodles from. They were not super expensive but they are also not the oat flour version. I'll bet the oat flour improves the texture I keep reading the Konjac noodle lack.

TucsonBill,

The net carbs thing is really promoted in Atkins products a lot. I cant imagine its totally bogus if one of the biggest names in low carb uses the formulas. Its the same deal with sugar alcohol sweeteners, every gram of them is deducted from the carb values. I enjoy these atkins chocolate caramel treats, they net carb at 2 per serving and a serving is three pieces...they taste better than some real sugar chocolates I've had. I'm not a huge sweets guy, but like a taste here and there.