View Single Post
  #21   ^
Old Thu, Nov-17-11, 21:25

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 307/222/177 Female 5'9"
BF:
Progress: 65%

Like I said before, I now look at this WOE as a WOL and plan to stick with it forever... Trust me, considering I've been back and forth with this diet for over 10 years now, I know how my body reacts when I'm completely on plan, and I know how it acts when I'm off and it finally clicked with me that this is the way I want to live. It's just not realistic for me to say, however, that I am never ever ever going to have any of the higher carb foods that come with thanksgiving ever again. The last time I went off plan I thought of it as such a chore to go back on, and suddenly time was ticking away and I just couldn't force myself to go back to it. This time I don't think of it as a chore, but just as the way that I eat.

When I mentioned that I was going to have pie and mashed potatoes and stuffing, I didn't mean that I was going to jump into a vat full of a combination of the three of them and then try to eat my way out of it, but I do plan to have some of all of them and I DO plan to enjoy a higher carb meal on Friday before I go back on plan.

What's realistic for ME is knowing that, every once in a while, I am going to eat these foods. But major holidays, birthdays and anniversaries come only a few times a year and are the perfect time to plan cheats, in my opinion. I AM nervous about seeing the weight gain I will have after a couple of days, but that doesn't make it any less worth it to me.

So to all of us cheaters out there - On Thursday, viva la stuffing! On Friday, or maybe Saturday, viva la bacon!