#182   ^
Old Sun, Nov-11-18, 15:36

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_rose
Hi, what part of your brushing technique do you think this is attributable to?

My gums are badly receded - the dentist told me it was from brushing too hard and they'll never grow back.

I brush gently, 1-3 times a day. Using a soft bristle.

Brush across the teeth. DOnt try to get down into the gums. Remove most of the gunk and get the baking soda all around the teeth.

And only brush with baking soda now. Started using baking soda just a few months ago. I do not rinse my mouth but let the baking soda linger.

The new pH of the mouth, due to baking soda, is supposed to kill the bad bacteria and promote the better ones. Much of mouth health is due to the bad bacteria.

Also food choices made a difference. When I stick to a very low carb diet, the bad bacteria dont have the foods available they like. Think sugar and starchy foods.

I highly recommend Dr Lin's book The Dental Diet. I have made other changes too: huge increase in vitamin D3 now at 10,000 units a day, was 6,000 units a day over the summer. ANd added vitamin K2, Mk-7. Most people dont get nearly enough vitamin C. And his book covers much more on eating for better dental health.

IMHO putting all this together has helped. Im not so long in the tooth either. How much this will improve who knows, but Im willing to give it time as I hope to keep my teeth forever.

Hope this helps.

If you try this I hope you will post and update on your progress.

( try to get your local library to buy the book, otherwise for far less than a cleaning)