View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Mon, May-04-15, 11:12
Registered Member

Plan: LC/Atkins/Paleo blend
Stats: 218/207/160 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: 19%

One thing that is especially funny to me is how all the fitness magazines and gurus go crazy finding the new best way to burn fat. And some of the exercise ideas or insane diet practices like cycling massive calories with absurdly high carbs one day then starving yourself off them the next are unbelievable. I love to exercise but when I see some of the workouts and debates over how to burn fat I just laugh and there are so many ideas with tons of scientists studying all these ways to burn a little more fat. Essentially they are trying to get into ketosis without getting into ketosis. They want to burn all the glycogen away fast as possible to start burning fat even a little or if they could they would ignore the glycogen entirely and go right to the fat but they only want to do it this way or that way because ketosis has such a bad rap by people who lack the common sense to comprehend that ages ago before refrigeration and mass food production during times when there were not many crops (which was likely rather often in many parts of the country due to a myriad of things) people ate meat and they certainly ate the fat on the meat. They hunted and that is how they survive and their bodies went into the very normal state of ketosis so they could survive as long as they had to.

The availability of such vast quantities of food in such wide varieties (most of it unhealthy) has confused people into believing this is what we were made for. Well, if it was then how the heck did we survive from our caveman roots because I'm 100% sure they didn't have supermarkets then and they surely did not have refrigeration.

Oh well, at least we know better. Let the rest of the world cling to their processed foods and believe that carbs are great - the more carbs the merrier. We've already seen what that's doing to our society on whole and still people are befuddled as to why.