#3   ^
Old Wed, May-06-15, 14:19
Registered Member

Plan: modified S.B./Semi-Veggie
Stats: 206/153/145 Female 64 "
BF:too much to count
Progress: 87%

Hi whofan,
Sorry if my post sounded confusing, no my dr. wants me omit grains, sugar and starches he just wants me to up my total carb limits above the Atkins induction level amount and try to eat 10-15 per meal by upping my veggies amounts while limiting the bad carbs. He just felt that when I was eating under 20 carbs a day I was stressing my body to much which could explain the recent flare up I'm having. From what he told me low carb is a great way to eat with my health problems, according to him a high carb low fat diet causes more problems for patients with autoimmune diseases.
I do eat a higher fat level with south beach.. just can't do low fat stuff. I use olive oil , coconut oil, full fat cottage cheese and full fat cheese. I don't use butter or trans free margarine just because I don't like the taste of either, so I just roast my veggies in the oven with olive oil. Yum I miss sweet potatoes, haven't eaten them since last Christmas. Anyway I'm going to stick with south beach it just seems more doable for me and healthier option. Thanks for the answer to my ?'s. I did try low fat cheese sticks when I first switched, yucky ! my dogs are now eating them as snacks hehe didn't want to just throw them away.