View Single Post
  #79   ^
Old Fri, Sep-27-02, 17:37
Registered Member

Plan: Shoogadownsizing!
Stats: 205/145/150 Female 5'4"
BF:F/C/C
Progress: 109%

Angela, have you had your testosterone levels tested? I had all of the symtoms you mentioned for several years and finally got relief when my endocrinologist put me on Androgel. Androgel is not indicated for women, but I am fortunate enough to have an endocrinologist who is on the cutting edge. It practically took an act of Congress to get the pharmacist to fill the prescription, but my life has vastly improved since I've began to use Androgel over a year ago. If anyone is interested and can get a doctor to prescribe it, be sure the doctor follows up with additional testing to ensure you aren't getting too much testosteron. It comes in a packet that looks like a McDonald's ketchup packet. It is a clear gel substance and I have to put it into a syringe and apply the least amount I can get out of the syringe every other day. It is applied topically to the inner thighs. I was initially using it everyday, but testing indicated it was too much testosterone for me.

Greentea, You're very welcome and please also check out the HERS (Hysterectomy Education Resources Services, I think) Foundation website for your sister. You can find it easily by doing a search for HERS + hysterectomy.

asugar