View Single Post
  #351   ^
Old Wed, Feb-06-19, 11:52

Plan: VLC
Stats: 331.8/182.0/175 Female 68.5"
BF:
Progress: 96%

Hello Everyone

It has been very busy and nerve-wracking lately and it is time to report The State of the Low Carb Address again.

My weight has been very stable No changes there. Funny how your body likes to hang out at a specific point. But there have been no changes to my diet or lifestyle/activity level, so that is to be expected.

I made some of my favorite meaty venison chili a few days ago and I still have a few meals left. I have been putting some beans in the chili, but I use the Eden's Black Soybeans, which are very low carb. I am so happy I found them. I buy mine through Vitacost.com which has them for the lowest price. They are more expensive than regular beans, but they taste awesome in chili and are worth the cost for a low carb bean. Since I only use them a few times a year, the cost is justified for me.

I use a lot of jalapeños in my chili, too. That requires me to add a "dollop of Daisy" to my bowl when I eat it!

But as I am getting so sick of chili, I need to make something completely different for the next couple days! I have been contemplating the Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole. Here is the recipe I use:

Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole

8 oz cauliflower
1 lb chicken breast cut into chunks
1 lb ham
6 oz swiss cheese
8 oz neufchâtel cream cheese
1/2 cup sour cream

Steam cauliflower and drain. Put the chicken, ham, cauliflower and swiss cheese in a greased baking dish. Season with a little salt and pepper. In a medium bowl, blend the sour cream into the cream cheese until smooth. Spread over the meat and cheese and stir everything together. Bake at 350º for about 40 minutes until bubbly and the chicken is fully cooked. Let stand about 10 minutes before serving to allow juices to thicken. Makes 8 servings

Per serving: 339 cal * 27g fat * 32g pro * 4g total carb

This is delicious , and if you have never made it before, you have to give it a try. I highly recommend it with a 5 star review! It does not suck.

So I guess I better get my shopping list together and head to the store now. I hope you all have a great day!