Old Thu, May-26-22, 11:44

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 250/167/175 Female 5 feet 6 inches
BF:
Progress: 111%
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
I was also struck by his comment on those of us who have gone too far with keto and low carb by not eating enough vegetables.

Me too! And I would also add fermented dairy. Ten years on very low carb, limited vegetables, and fiber…it's Hard to pinpoint, but I just feel better having added them back to my diet. I have a big stir-fry on repeat most every day as my first meal and haven’t gotten bored of it … maybe my body is still trying to make-up for those missing micronutrients?? Previous to low carb, I often ate yogurt, and love that I now include high protein fermented dairy dishes. It may not be his Super-Gut strain, but having more fiber and probiotics is working for me.

Good to hear Jey.
I am cautious about fermented dairy. Israel's & Sweden's yogurt (which are absolutely luscious and a totally different consistency), made all American yogurts horrible for me by comparison

I now start my day with a faux Reuben-almond flour tortillas (they don't hold up very well) sauerkraut, deli-sliced corned beef, and swiss or cheddar cheese. Whichever is in the house. I am currently ordering all the supplements and organic foods he recommended.

After reading the book, I now understand some of the advice I have heard over the years. They just seemed like positive affirmations, now I know the science behind them.

Stopping the IBS-D is my first priority.

What I found absolutely mind-boggling about the book is to go back and eat the foods I thought I was allergic to or upset my stomach. Like raw onions and palm oil. And after all these years on low carb to eat (raw) potatoes & bananas! Or "go ahead and eat beans and nuts" just in smaller quantities. Turns everything upside down.

But it is definitely worth a try!