Old Thu, Nov-05-09, 22:03
Registered Member

Plan: Kwasniewski Ratios
Stats: 225/158/145 Female 65
BF:53%/24%/20%
Progress: 84%

Quote:
Originally Posted by costello22
I've spent the last couple of days taking my temp periodically, and it's almost always in the 97's and 96's.

Please post the 3 days worth here if you can. If your mid-day temps are really that low, you definitely have a problem. Given the lack of motivation as well as the low temps, you most likely have Wilson's Temperature Syndrome, as well as an adrenal problem. For more info on WTS, go to: http://www.wilsonssyndrome.com -- I have a feeling when you start reading, lots of light bulbs will go off!

Quote:
I'm sure I have an adrenal problem. When my compounding pharmacist was trying to help me get my hormones right in May, he asked for a cortisol test due to the incredibly high stress in my life. He put me on an OTC adrenal support - in addition to other hormones.

Since it sounds like you have a good doctor, here are the tests she needs to order for you:

-- Ferritin
-- T4, Free T4
-- T3, Free T3
-- Reverse T3
-- B 12
-- Vit. D
-- SALIVA Cortisol (which will be done over the course of an entire day)
-- 24 hour iodine load test
-- Antibody test to rule out Hashi's

If, as is likely, you have a rT3 problem you already know from reading my other posts that you will need a course of Cytomel, given in a specific way. Info about that is on the WTS site as well.

However, if your Ferritin level is lower than 70 you will need to bring it up to 70 (or higher; between 70-90 is optimal). If you have high cortisol, you will need to treat it with prescription meds -- all before taking T3 -- otherwise, your body will NOT be able to tolerate it and you'll have very bad side effects.

Once the Ferritin and Cortisol levels are good, you'll be good to go.

Quote:
Ithink the motivation issue is even more distressing than the weight issue (and that's pretty darned distressing!). If I could fix both at one go, I'd be thrilled.

If it is rT3, then your wish has a good chance of coming true. Please post your lab results here when you can.

Lisa