View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Nov-02-09, 10:15

Plan: VLC
Stats: 265.4/238.8/199 Female 5'5.5"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Non-thyroid reasons from low basal body temperature?

Hi all:

I've been following awriter's posts about high rT3 and started to wonder if I might have the same problem. My TSH, T3, and T4 always test in the mid to high normal range. (Don't have my numbers with me.) Never had rT3 tested.

Anyway I started reading about hypothyroid problems and decided to take my temperature first thing in the morning. It was 97.2 this morning and 97 yesterday morning.

[Funny thing: I actually went out and bought a new thermometer for this experiment. My old digital thermometer always has my temp in the 97's, so I've always assumed it didn't work right. Well, the new thermometer agrees with the old one. ]

I don't have any of the other symptoms of hypothyroidism. (Other than being fat and somewhat fatigued.) My skin isn't dry. My hair isn't falling out. I'm not cold all the time - in fact I have my thermostat set below 60 degrees right now and yesterday I walked out of the shower naked and wet and into my cold house and I was fine.

Are there other reasons for having a low body temperature? Can this be a problem in itself? Problems with chemical reactions in the body or whatever because the temperature is too low?

Thanks for any help, Rebecca
Sponsored Links