Old Sun, Aug-17-03, 18:46
Registered Member

Plan: my own
Stats: 153/146/120 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 21%

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahO
Optimist, I read somewhere that it's common to stop losing or gain a little for the first couple weeks of a sudden increase in muscle-building exercise, because it causes water retention in the muscles. Something to do with glycogen replenishment? ...

I also gained a little (a pound and a half) in my first two weeks of BFL...I think it's too soon for that gain to have been muscle mass, but I hope it means that my muscles were responding to the increased activity. Here's hoping it's not all gone by the time I get back on my feet

Thanks, Sarah. I'm with you, as long as the extra poundage isn't from cheating, I'm perfectly fine. I KNOW with all the hard work I did last week SOMETHING'S gotta eventually happen. I'd gone down to 145 (where I suspect my weight will take another stubborn pause) and then went back up to 147. I'm going to wait a couple weeks before changing my weight here now that I know it'll bounce around a little. I can't say I won't be tempted to peek at the scale 'cause that'd be a lie, I just won't rely on it.